Yesterday Madison and I made these no-bake, Peanut Butter Power Balls for snack! They are loaded with oatmeal, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, walnuts and chocolate chips. Since we are really making a push to ensure Madison's meals and snacks are counting, for proper weight-gain, I thought she would enjoy these "power-balls" and helping me make them too.
Here they are, in all their glory!
My trusty sous chef for the day...Madison!...or wait, Maddy, since that's what she wants to be called now!
What you will need:
3 Cups Oatmeal
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Honey
1 Cup filled with walnuts, craisins and sunflower seeds. (or your own combo)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
½ Cup Shredded Coconut
1. Start by mixing together the peanut butter and honey.
2. Add oatmeal and mix till all oatmeal is coated.
3. Next sprinkle in chocolate chips, mix till combined.
Try not to snack on the chocolate chips like my little sous chef. Haha!
4. Sprinkle in the nut, dried fruit and coconut shreds until all is evenly incorporated into the oatmeal.
Your "power-mix" should look something like this.
5. Use a cookie scoop to measure out even amounts. Use your hands to roll them into balls.
There're easy, simple and a quick healthy snack for kids constantly on the move, like my Maddy!
She usually has 1 or 2 at a time and she's good to go.
If you care to share, leave a comment below,