May 6, 2016

FRIDAY FAVORITES #4 - MOMMY SNACKS

Today is Friday which means another round of Friday Favorites and the topic of the day is snacks!


I don't know about you but my kids and I love snacks!!! The kids here snack and come running, lol! 

But seriously snacks are important, the proper snack can help you from over eating when it comes time to eat a "meal" or a proper (meaning healthy) snack also can help fuel your body and get you to the end of the day without burning out. 

So with out further ado here are my go to Mommy-Snacks 


Nuts!


I love pistachios and what's even better they are already hulled, because I hate to take off the shell.
I pick these up at my local Walmart Grocery right around the vegetable department on a little rack with other nuts.


Almonds...you can't go wrong and my recommendation to you is do not buy the store brand because "B" grade almonds don't taste as good or as fresh as lets say Blue Diamond. #nobueno

My favorite thing to do is measure out about ½ cup of almonds & pistachios in a little bowl if I'm working at my desk or around the house and if I'm driving somewhere I will just pop them in a little container or snack bag.


Fruit!


I try and have on hand at all times oranges, apples and bananas. Right now I've been also having strawberries too. 

With the apples I like to slice one up and have with a little peanut butter.
With the oranges I like to peel all the orange peel off and pull the orange apart and eat!
With the bananas I rarely eat a banana by itself, it's usually with strawberries or I add one into my favorite protein shake!

My recipe is:

1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Banana
2 Tbsp. PBfit
1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
3/4 Cup Ice



Hummus!


The kids and I love hummus...especially my Brycee-Boy! Our favorite hummus is the Roasted Garlic by Sabra and if they are all sold out in that flavor we also like the Pine Nut. 

We like to dip carrots, cucumber slices or crackers! My favorite crackers for dipping are Nut Thins by Blue Diamond.




Think Thin Bars!


Think Thin bars are my protein bar of choice. I love to have one of these in the afternoon when I am on the way to pick up the kids...so right around that 3 p.m. hour. 
I try to keep one of these in my purse or in the center council or my car for emergencies, so good!


My NOT so good, having a bad day...everyone be quiet snack!


White Cheddar Cheez-Its...what can I say, everything right in just a little square...
Cheese and crackers, haha!

I know this isn't the best option, but sometimes you just need to walk on the wild side, that's why I workout and eat good 80% of the time, so them I can enjoy the other 20% that maybe isn't so good for me. #moderation


All these snacks are my go-to "Mommy Snacks" and I also wanted to let you know I don't eat all these in one day...this is just my stash! 


Let me know what your favorite snack of choice is, healthy or not?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails