Today I wanted to share with you this recipe for Blueberry Oatmeal Power Muffins that I found from howdoesshe.com. I love these things so much, that I have made them twice in one week. They have bananas, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and oatmeal…I can go on and on, but then I would of named the whole ingredient list off the top of my head! I can probably tell you the quantity too?!
My kiddos loved them, especially Madison, they are perfect to have with your morning coffee or pop them in your bag for an on the go snack. A lot of times people don’t eat breakfast for lack of time in the morning or just aren’t that hungry. If you make these one Sunday, or your day off, then you can have a great breakfast for the next few mornings!
Here is your direct link to the recipe, along with a printable recipe card for the muffins.
These are some tips that I wanted to share with you when making these muffins:
1. Make sure all your ingredients are at room temp.,egg, milk, especially the coconut oil. You can pop the coconut oil in the microwave for 15-30 sec. intervals till melted. Measure your 3 Tbsp and set aside to cook to room temp.
2. I used almond milk instead of rice milk, because that is what I had on hand. Regular Milk will work too.
3. If you can’t find “spelt-flour,” a good whole-wheat flour will work just fine!
4. I read in the comments that people had trouble mixing it together, saying it was too thick? I have made these twice and I haven’t had any problem…if I had to guess, I am sure it had to do with their coconut oil in it’s solid form.
5. Make sure you use 100% maple syrup, it’s usually in a glass bottle, not those HUGE plastic bottle of fake syrup!
Okay…that is all my knowledge that I can give you on making sure your muffins come out as amazing as mine did.
Please show them some love and let them know in the comments if you made them!!!
Happy T.G.I.F. to everyone and have a GREAT weekend!