I’ve created a muffin recipe that is good for you, flavorful and with whole ingredients!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and yet that is the one that we usually skip for lack of time in the morning. You can make the muffins on a Sunday night, so when Monday comes, you’re already ahead of the game with a healthy breakfast on the table.
These muffins are perfect to package up and eat on the go too!
Here is what you’ll need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup stevia sweetener ( my brand of choice is Truvia)
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 cup whole milk ( or whatever milk you drink)
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted, not in solid form)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 mashed very ripe bananas
1 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven 400°F. Line a muffin pan with baking liners and set aside.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients and orange zest in a large bowl.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients together, including your mashed banana.
4. Incorporate the dry ingredients in with the wet, and do not over mix your batter.
5. Gently fold in your blueberries, you don’t want them to break.
6. Fill your muffin pan evenly and sprinkle the tops with a little dry oatmeal for decoration.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Rotate pan half way through. When done let cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then enjoy.
If packaging for the morning, let them cool completely before storing.
I hope you enjoyed my recipe for these healthy and good for your blueberry muffins and have a great day!