This my friends, is a delicious potato-bean-and meat taco!
When the three main ingredients come together in a warm, slightly crisp flour tortilla and with the right condiments…heaven. It’s very simple, very understated and pure comfort food!
What you will need:
Diced up Roasted Potatoes. Here’s my recipe for the perfect oven roasted potatoes!
Cooked Ground Beef (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder or taco seasoning?)
Pinto Beans (cooked, smashed down and I added grated cheddar cheese)
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Salsa Here’s my recipe for the perfect salsa!
Once you have all your ingredients together and you are ready to assemble, this is what you want to do…
1. Heat your flour tortilla on the stove (directly on burner) and if you don’t have a gas burner you can use a “comal”. (Comal is a flat, round cast iron, griddle)
2. Spread about a 1/4 cup of beans in the middle of your tortilla, depending on the size. The beans act as the glue to hold the potatoes down.
3. Now place about a 1/2 cup of your delicious potatoes down.
4. Then you want to place about a 1/4 cup of ground beef on the top.
5. Finally for the condiments! Put as much as your heart desires of grated cheddar cheese and salsa!
6. Last but not least, fold the two sides together and enjoy!!!
If you love Mexican food, you gotta try this recipe!
I know you will LOVE it as much as we do!
If you care to share, leave a comment below…