Have you ever experienced a dump cake before…?
Well if you haven’t, you are going to L-O-V-E this one!
My first time I experienced dump-cake was when we were in Utah at a family friends house, years and years ago. It’s a cross between a strudel and a cobbler and served best alongside vanilla ice cream or cool-whip…oh-my-gosh, heaven!!!
Here’s how you make:
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Start with 6 ripen-fresh peaches, washed and dried.
With your vegetable peeler, peel away all the skin. (This is my favorite vegetable peeler.)
Next start to chop them into your desired size.
Place all the chopped fresh peaches into a bowl.
Now pour 1/2 cups worth of sugar of the top and stir to incorporate.
Pour 1 more 1/2 cup worth of sugar over the top and stir again.
You are essentially creating syrup from the peaches fresh juice.
Here’s the thing, you can either use a small bag of thawed-frozen blueberries or a small carton of fresh. My grocery store was all out of fresh, and a small pack of frozen worked just fine.
With the thawed bag, cut the top off and drain the excess juice.
In a 9×13 pan, pour your peaches in a single layer, then sprinkle your blueberries over top.
(This is the type of baking dish I used)
Now get your yellow-cake mix and cut the top-corner off.
Sprinkle the cake mix evenly across the pan, making sure there are no clumps anywhere.
It should resemble something like this… 🙂
Cut 3/4 cup of butter (1 and 1/2 sticks) into slices or little chunks and sprinkle all throughout.
Now place in your preheated 350°F and bake until golden-brown and bubbly.
Ta-dah…Blueberry-Peach dump cake!
It should be golden brown on top and smell AH-MAZING!!!
Once cooled down, serve it alongside a heaping scoop of vanilla ice-cream or a dollop of Cool-Whip.
Peach-Blueberry Dump Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 6 Whole Peaches (Peeled) or you can use frozen peaches - thawed
- 1 Cup Sugar Divided by 1/2 cups
- 12 oz Bag of Frozen Blueberries Thawed
- 3/4 Cup Butter 1 1/2 Sticks
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Peel & Chop Peaches into the desired size.
- Place chopped peaches into a bowl and add 1/2 cup sugar and stir.
- Add last 1/2 cup sugar and stir to incorporate.
- In a 9x13 pan, pour peaches into bottom of the pan, arrange blueberries on top.
- Sprinkle yellow cake mix (evenly) all over the top of the blueberries and peaches.
- Cut 1 1/2 sticks of butter into slices and arrange all over the top of the cake mix
- Bake in the heated 350F oven till golden brown.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Best served with vanilla ice cream or cool whip!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know if you try, send me a pic on Instagram or Twitter and I’ll see-yah-soon.