Since I purchased my Instant Pot back in the FAll, Shredded Taco Chicken is one of my go-to recipes. What’s great about making a big batch of shredded chicken is you can use the shredded chicken to help you make a few different dinners for the week.
Here are a few lunch/dinner ideas: tacos, tostadas, chicken quesadillas, chicken enchiladas, chicken burritos, chicken burrito bowls, chicken for on top of a salad, chicken salad sandwiches, chicken for casserole recipes…I mean the list can go on and on!
3 pounds chicken breasts or 4 medium-sized chicken breasts
8 oz. chicken broth
8 oz. jarred salsa
1 envelope taco seasoning
Directions on how to make shredded taco chicken:
1. Pour chicken broth into the instant pot and add half the salsa, stir to combine.
2. Arrange chicken breasts in the instant pot.
3. Shake envelope of taco seasoning over the top of the chicken breasts.
4. Pour remaining salsa on top of chicken & taco seasoning.
5. Place lid on cooker set the vent to sealing and put Instant Pot on Manuel (press button 2 times so “keep warm” feature isn’t activated) and cook for 22 minutes.
6. Open lid when the cooker is totally de-pressurized. Using tongs, place chicken directly onto cutting board to shred.
I like shredding the chicken when it’s still hot.
7. Use two forks and start shredding.
There you have it, taco-shredded chicken, so easy!
For storing I place chicken in a container, refrigerate and use as needed.
Instant Pot - Shredded Taco Chicken
- 3 lbs Chicken Breast or 4 medium sized
- 8 oz Chicken Stock
- 8 oz Jarred Salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Pour chicken broth in the bottom of pot and half of the salsa, stir to combine.
- Arrange chicken breast in the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle the envelope of taco seasoning all over the top of chicken breast.
- Pour remaining salsa on top of the taco seasoned chicken.
- Put the lid on cooker set the vent to sealing and put Instant Pot on Manuel (press button 2 times so "keep warm" feature isn't activated) and cook for 22 minutes.
- Open lid when the cooker is totally de-pressurized. Using tongs, place chicken directly onto cutting board to shred.
- Use two forks and start shredding.