Every day since the beginning of this year, I’ve been starting the morning with what I like to call my green adrenal smoothie.
At the beginning of the year, by a medical professional, I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. Adrenal Fatigue is caused by prolonged periods of stress or trauma. When your adrenals are exhausted, it throws off your cortisol levels and your hormones levels. To heal your adrenals it takes time, there isn’t one pill you take for seven days and everything is better, you have to focus on your nutrition, increase your amount of nutrient-rich greens, vitamin & supplements (according to your blood work), stress management, exercise, and sleep. It really just messes everything up!
An easy way for me to consume my greens is by a smoothie. This adrenal smoothie is packed with nutrients and protein. I like to drink this in the morning, about an hour after my cup of coffee.
Ingredients for my green adrenal smoothie.
1 Cup of Water (or coconut water) and 1 whole peeled orange.
- Water obviously promotes hydrations and if you use coconut water even better because it is packed with potassium.
- Oranges are a good source of vitamin C, helps with your blood sugar level and promotes a healthy immune system.
2 Cups of Organic Baby Spinach.
- Spinach is a great source of magnesium, iron, and calcium. It is known for lowering blood pressure and promoting bone health.
- My favorite place to buy Organic Baby Spinach is at Sam’s Club (very cost effective).
¾ Cup Frozen Fruit Mix.
- Frozen Fruit is allowed to fully ripen and is harvested at its peak, also the fruit is froze within hours of being harvested. Which means the fruit is packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
1 Scoop of vanilla plant-based Protein Powder and 1 tsp. Cream of Tartar.
- Plant-Based Protein is lower in calories, promotes healthy muscles & tissue and is higher in fiber. My favorite protein is by Tone It Up, you can buy it on Amazon, at Target or their website.
- Cream of Tartar is very high in potassium and potassium is key to good blood pressure in the body.
Now you blend, pour into a big cup and enjoy the benefits!
I drink this smoothie every morning and then an hour later enjoy my make-ahead, Loaded Egg Muffins during the week.
Morning Green Adrenal Smoothie
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Organic Baby Spinach
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Fruit
- 1 Scoop Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cream of Tartar
- Add water, spinach, and frozen fruit to a blender and blend until smooth. About 30-40 seconds depending on your blender.
- Stop blender and open lid and add protein powder and cream of tartar. Blend for another 15 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
»I am not a dietitian, nutritionist or medical professional. This is what has been working for me and we all need to be our own advocates.
Have a Great Day,